RFTR 2022 Is Coming
RFTR 2022 is on it's way!
Want to race, register here https://www.onewheelracing.com/
- 5:02 Increase of 4 riders for both the men's and women's leagues. Total invites of 16 men racing and 12 women at both regions.
- 6:45 2 Regional competitions. US west and US east. West will be San Jose California July 9-10, East is Henderson North Carolina July 30-31.
- 8:15 Standard 2 day event. 1st day is a time trial. 200 spots at each region.
- 8:46 $80 registration fee to get involved. This helps fund the prize pool and presumably the event in general.
- 9:07 There will be a prize pool for qualifiers this year. If you make it to day 2 after the first day of time trials you will win a yet to be set cash prize.
- 9:52 Top 4 riders from each region for the men's and women's side will go forward to RFTR including a cash prize.
- 10:31 Going back over the way the regional qualifiers will get to the final RFTF. 16 men and 12 women will compete at qualifiers. Top 4 from each region move forward to RFTR if I'm getting that right leaving 8 riders total to compete in RFTR.
- 12:00 National rider ranking based on their performance.
- 12:56 Ranking system works based off last years racing results for the 3 qualifiers (East, Central and West) and final RFTR. Ranking isn't based off how much you race in the events and is supposedly balanced based on performance on the events you've managed to race in. Presumably to give newcomers a chance at climbing the ranks vs the veterans.
- 16:09 This year rankings will also include results from popular community driven events. The events need to be sanctioned so not all will contribute though. Seek 'N' Shred, DurtSurferz and Wheel Scorcher are the current sanctioned events.
- 20:34 10 spots filled for both mens and womens leaving 2 spots free for the women and 6 for the men. These will be filled based on the national rankings so going to those other events can get you a spot.
- 20:11 Winning a sanctioned event automatically gets you a spot in day 2 of the regionals. FM are aiming to pay for travel to get to the event. A time still needs to be done for day 1 to assign your position in the day 2 event but you will get to race in day 2 regardless.
Unsure about how this works? From what I understand:
- 200 spots in the qualifiers for each region. Day 1 is the time trials.
- Top 10 from the men and women automatically go forward to day 2 of the regionals.
- The 2 other spots for women and 6 for men are then calculated based on national rankings and winners of the sanctioned community events.
- Sanctioned community event winners automatically get a spot in day 2 but need to set a time on day 1 to determine overall position in the rankins.
- 16 men and 12 women compete in the second day of the regionals (East and West) to become one of the top 4 in the men's and women's.
- Participants in day 2 are given a cash prize for making it this far.
- Those 8 racers will go forward to compete in RFTR.
Asked FM to clarify in the comments ;)
Samuraipunch last edited by
Assuming the boards at the qualifying level will be GT?
Honestly not really going to bother watching FM's stream. As much fun as it would be to see what words/phrases are censored.